Sunday, August 28, 2011

Early Morning of Irene in Central, MA

The chickens have been locked inside the coop for the day.  We were going to let them out in their run, but they really want to get to the BumbleChick Barn, and since Troy is unhappily settled in there for the day, we decided that wasn't a very good idea.

Troy is now hanging out in the calf hutch in the barn run, but at least if it does get windy enough to knock over calf hutches, he has a safe place to go (thanks, Mark!!).

Mostly, we are worried about the wind and all the trees around us.  Partly, that's a good thing because it should help to block some of the wind.  On the other hand, it's a lot of trees to get knocked around by the wind...Yikes.

And we're worried about power outages...but, we're preparing:

we're hoping to have enough water to flush toilets!  

We'll keep you posted as the day goes on, well, as long as the power stays on...

No comments:

Post a Comment