Tuesday, March 29, 2011



I've been in trouble lately from many followers for not keeping up on the blog entries.  So, an update on BumbleChick Farm. 

As you can see, the seedlings are growing away, waiting for warmer weather so that they can move outside.  I have muchos grand plans for the garden this year, and am trying to rein myself in as I know I can't do it all.  And one of the most pressing issues is going to be cleaning up the damage from last fall's new well destruction.  On a good note, I will finally be able to water the garden with little guilt.  I am also planning to focus on the herb bed this year and how to get herbs in and the chickens O-U-T!! 

The most recent batch of saurkraut came out awesome and I have another batch fermenting away.  I think I may have figured it out...or figured it out enough that I am glad I did not give up!  Almost time to start the Kombucha for warmer days.  And the RUM POT!!  Yum. 

The animals are all doing well.  I believe they are hoping for spring.  We're trimming up the winter hoof growth on the goatsies and getting them ready to frolic around the yard.  And we're working on the winter fat Troy picked up over the winter with longer walks and we even went for a short jog today!  I'd like to say he's getting less treats...but I can't. 

Paul and I both lost the Peeper Bet.  The closest date to peepers peeping without going over.  Last year, they peeped on March 25th, so I gambled on the 24th!  Paul picked the 25th.  We are still waiting for the peeps to peep.  And rumors of a N'Easter are being murmured about.  Snow Day on Friday? 

The herb studies are going.  Today I bought all new notebooks to put my notes into.  Typical me, instead of doing the work, I plan how I'm going to do the work.  But it's-a going.  Having friends to be accountable to helps!  Except that we're all a bunch of slackers. 

'Real' school is keeping me busy.  Two classes piles a lot of work on me, but I can't see doing one class at a time...I'll be going forever.  Of course, I might do that anyway, I LOVE school!  I'd love to teach...but in the meantime, I'll be the student.  This week, I have an exam and a presentation to put together for Thursday...and hoping for a bit of a reprieve over the weekend before I cram back into doing more last minute work.  Go figure!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment