Monday, January 17, 2011

Sewing with Katie


Spent the weekend with Katie sewing...something I haven't done in years...and have never had much success at, probably from lack of practice.  I guess it's like any skill: you have to keep doing it to become any good.  But I'd really like to be good at it the first time...especially when using fabric I just spent a fortune on.  What happened to sewing being cheaper than buying clothes?  I mean, really!  It's now become a hobby for the middle class...where ARE we going wrong?  Oh, yeah, WalMart (and China) strikes again.  But we were somewhat successful...at least, we have patterns for next time and now know what to do right next time...and can actually wear what we've made...

Oh, and when sewing, as Katie says, it is important to DIRFT!


Charlotte's Skirt!


Katie's much more complicated Sun Dress!

Oh, and by the way:
Do
It
Right
the
First
Time
DIRFT

No comments:

Post a Comment