Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crazy Snow

That one to three inches of snow overnight turned into more like eight inches of snow overnight...and it's still going.  Troy will be happy.  Skiing will be fun!!  Snow shoeing will be fun.  Shoveling snow...not so much.

Dinner is on the wood stove, cooking away.  Tonight is a variation on the other night's meal, since I won't be driving out to pick up anything for dinner.  Boneless chicken breasts, covered with a can of diced tomatoes and a can of chick peas, with onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and spiced with a bay leaf, cumin, hot peppers (dried and from my brother's garden), smoked parpika, and salt and pepper.  I added a bit of water to the bottom of the pot and might add chicken broth later if I need to.  I love wood stove cooking!!  And I'll serve it over wild rice...which I haven't yet dared to try to cook on the wood stove...maybe soon.  Corn bread too...made with Katie's corn!!!  (buttermilk isn't really dairy, is it?)

I still haven't made my second batch of soap.  Maybe tonight.  But I tried to make paper and instead made compost.  But I am going to try again!!!  It was close...but just not quite up to my satisfaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment