Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday...

It was gloomy and dark this morning and cold...the perfect day to stay nestled in bed with all the kitties.  But, I was good and got up and moving and started my day.  Planned to go to Church, but it was cancelled due to icy roads.  Hmm...what happened to us good hardy New Englanders?



We had awesome pork chops last night cooked on the wood stove.  I smothered the chops with BBQ sauce and molasses and brown sugar and a little water and cooked them all afternoon on the stove.  We had frozen corn reheated on the wood stove for a side.  It was so yummy.  The meat was so juicy and tender.  And we used no extra energy to cook it...I wonder when the novelty of cooking dinner without expending any extra energy will wear off?  I find it so satisfying to cook on the wood stove!  

This is my new winter book I am hoping to utilize this year...though I find that I am more of an improvisor than a recipe follower.  But it should give me some good ideas!

And I have stooped to a new low in trying to save energy.  I've strung up a clothes line across the beams in the living room.  Yup...I've gone off the deep end.  It just seems such a waste to use the dryer when we have this wood stove going all day long.  Of course, I can't decide how much I'm saving washing smaller loads so I can hang them on the limited space.  But that dryer...eek, they use so much energy!!!  I did loop the ends of the lines over nails, so it's easy to take down the line and hide them away so no one learns my secret.  I just hope we don't have any surprise visitors!

I'm off to study for my final exam, but am thinking I will get lots of writing done on my latest novel in avoidance tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment