Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Begins

The Christmas Tree is up and decorated.  I love Christmas...you open up the boxes and they explode all over the house and then after Christmas, you box the explosion back up and your house seems clean again.

It's so nice to go through the ornaments and remember Mom making this one and that one and the other one, looking at the reindeer you made in 1984 that Mom kept, the ones you gave your grandma and grandpa, and the ones you've inherited.  It's like a treasure trove of memories.  I love it.

All that's left to do is put out the collections of Christmas candles that were Grandma's and the houses Mom painted.

Yesterday, we went to Ashfield for their craft and art fair...and for lunch at Elmers.  Yum.  And then we got our tree.  I think it's becoming a tradition: this is year two.  I'm in love with Beverly Duncan's watercolors...and fortunately, she had cards and tags within our price range.

Today, we got some wood cut today, taking care of some of the trees along the driveway that have come down over the past year (or two) and we've got quite a little pile...plus a dull, nicked chain and a broken sledgehammer.  Well, we know what to ask Santa for Christmas, I guess.

Bree was humming a bit today and had a little bee out front, so she's made it this far.  I think we'll be replacing Avalon's bees with Russians...they seem to do the best for us.  I don't know how Chalice and Dionysus are doing as I haven't been out to look.

Sorry for the lack of pictures these days...the camera is still on the fritz.  We are hoping Canon will repair it without giving us too much trouble for a lack of receipt.  Things just should not break after half a year.  It's crazy!!!  We've been wanting to get pictures of Troy and his new soccer ball he stole from the twins.

And now, I am off to look at how the bread dough is rising and see if I am capable of making a loaf of good, homemade bread.

PS...the new Mountain Rose Herbs blog.  I thought people might be interested in checking it out...it's got awesome ideas:

http://mountainroseblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment