Friday, December 31, 2010

Charlotte's tidbits for 2010

Over the past year, I wrote on one of the pages in my organizer (go figure, say those of you who know what a neurotic organizer freak I am) things of note that I found and thought were useful small lessons for life.  Or at least, small lessons that pertained to my life.  I thought that I would post a few of my favorites here:

-life is not a race
-life is not a competition
-remember you may have no idea what is going on in another person's life
-small actions in your own life and your own community do change the world
-when you're angry or unbalanced: take a walk
-don't compare your life to anyone else's...you have no idea what their journey is all about
-schedule the important things in your life into your organizer and do them
-if I'm not enjoying the Christmas season, then I am doing something wrong
-the meaning of life is to live it
-trust your instincts: your doctor may know more about the human body, but you know more about your human body
-be yourself: life is too short to pretend to be someone you're not
-don't put anything on your skin you wouldn't eat
-trans fats are not food, they are chemicals: why would you eat them?
-grocery store eggs and farm fresh eggs are not the same product
-if you can only make one organic food switch in your life: Milk

#1 Lesson for 2010 is:  (this one is awesome! I love it!)
-WabiSabi: the beauty in the imperfections (for example, the red wine splashes on your walls are not a stain, but a mark of friendship and a reminder of the loves in your life)

I enjoyed writing those tidbits down, and I think I will do it again this year.  Again, I will put them behind my top ten goals for the year...maybe I can do a little better on that score in 2011 than I did in 2010...but what's life about but trudging along and moving forward.  And to keep on trying!!  At least, I am accomplishing things...slowly, I mean, I just accomplished a goal for 2004 this past year: taking Taylor to Best Friends in Utah...so it happens...eventually.  Besides, lesson #1: life is not a race.  

Happy New Year Everybody!  
See you next year!!!

And if you still haven't bought your 2011 Calendars, feel free the check out the BumbleChick Farm 2011 Wall Calendar!!

">


http://www.lulu.com/product/calendar/my-calendar/14014049?showPreview

No comments:

Post a Comment