Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What goes on on 'real' farms...

and wondering if it's something we could do.

http://blog.windyfieldsfarm.com/2010/10/17/butchering.aspx

Now, I am pretty sure that I would not be wielding a bow saw to cut a dead pig carcass to pieces, but I have to admit, the photo doesn't look as frightening as I thought it might.  If I were to do it, I would probably have to send my piggies away to come back packaged up in individual cuts, but there is merit to being sure that the creature you sent away is the same creature you get back.  And, there's something to be said for choosing how many and how much of which cuts.  Hmmm.  A lot of something's to be said.

Alas, there is also something to be said for supporting our local farmers...and letting them do the work they love...ummm, by purchasing meat from them!  And not taking the chance of falling in love with your food.  (notice, Dinner and Lunch are still running around the farm here, crowing away).

No comments:

Post a Comment