Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I FOUND THEM!!!

And I can't wait to try them out:  reusable canning lids AND they are BPA free (you know, that creepy chemical that's in all our plastics and leeches into our food and now they're saying that we probably shouldn't be using it around food.  It's the reason you shouldn't heat food in plastic containers...or wrap your cheeses in plastic wrap...or drink from plastic bottles)!!!!  So, yay, for BPA free canning.  I hadn't figured out how to get around that minor canning issue.

Again, I found this info on my new favorite canning website: foodinjars.com

The article on the Tattler Lids:

http://www.foodinjars.com/2010/09/canning-101-preserving-with-tattlers-reusable-lids/#comments

I must do some research on these.  I will keep you posted on the results of my own tests!

As for water...we should have our new test results back today by noon.  If it passes (please let it pass), we won't have to lug water to the barn for all the animals...and we'll be able to taste our new water.

In the meantime, thank goodness it is finally raining.  (It's only been months since we've had any decent rain)...I almost couldn't remember what the noise was on my roof last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment