Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Apple Time

We went to Sentinel Farm in Belchertown to pick apples on Sunday.  And to see the goats: Mary, Samson, and Franklin, who we are happy to say are happy as can be and loved, loved, loved!  That was wonderful to see.  Their new family is also thinking of breeding Mary for milk.  Yay!  So, we'll work with them to help them get Mary bred either this year or next fall.

Apple picking was wonderful.  They have beautiful trees and beautiful apples...and I now am inundated with apples.  It's time to make applesauce, including a Limited Reserve of BumbleChick Honey Applesauce, more applesauce, and some apple rings which I think are going to be awesome in yoghurt this winter.

I also need to dry some apples so I can work on a green and roibois apple tea, as my new favorite harvest apple tea has been discontinued!!!!

AND, of course, it's just about cider pressing time!!!!

And it's quickly closing in...on me too...but the Autumn Writing Contest Deadline is next week.  Midnight of September 22nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment