Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Squash Beetles

The nasty, disgusting creatures I mistook for stink bugs have moved out of the picket fence garden, away from the half dead summer squashes, across the lawn, and into the WINTER SQUASH beds.  I am afraid that I will lose all of my squashes!  Damn.  Damn.  Damn.  And it is August, therefore, I have given up on fighting the bugs (besides, the garden is so crazy, I don't think I could get in there to do anything about the bugs anyway).  So, I will let them be and hope that they don't eat everything...then I will let the chickens in to hopefully EAT THEM and their LARVA TOO!!!  Later, after I've harvested what I can, because in a chicken garden massacre, I know from experience I will get nuthing!  Maybe, just maybe, I have a chance with the bugs...ahem, okay, all right...lets hope the farmer's market has some good winter squash this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment