Saturday, May 15, 2010

Showers at BumbleChick Farm

I spilled sugar water on myself at my aunt's house when I was checking on the bees. The bees are ALL OVER the feeder and the sugar water is about half gone. So, I had to put out another feeder. I have never seen so many bees all over a feeder. I might HAVE to put the 'real' top feeder on the hive to keep up with them.

So, I came home and took a shower to get all the yummy sugar water off of me. And when I get out of the shower, I just get a towel on my hair and the dog starts going nuts. I grab another towel and check it out. There are Max feathers everywhere and Troy is going crazy. So, I wrap myself in a towel and run out in my yellow lady bug garden slippers to let Troy out. Let's just say, it's a good thing we live so far back from the road.

I did throw clothes on before I went after Max. I could hear Max crying and was afraid Troy would try to 'help' him. But Troy was off trying to find the fox. Max was limping back home, letting out the most pathetic cry with each step. It was awful. Limp, limp, peep. Limp, limp, peep. Limp, limp, peep. But he made it home and croaked at his girls. He is definitely traumatized. He can only croak now. And Dinner is enjoying being the lone crower right now. But I think Max will be all right. Troy and I hung out in the yard for a while and by the time I went in, everyone was huddled under the rose bush for safety.

Life on the Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment