Saturday, May 1, 2010

Paul got a lesson in plumbing today...we bartered eggs for

the lesson and in the bargain also now have a working outdoor faucet! Yay...I can water the garden easier now. Though I still have to be careful with the water use...we do have a dug well. But we learned that to be a 'real' farmer, we need to know how to do some basic plumbing.

I began the Bee Update and it is almost done, but then spent the rest of the afternoon chatting with a neighbor while Paul got his lesson. So, I should have the update done and going out by Monday...that is the plan anyway.

Made frozen rhubarb cubes. I put chunks of rhubarb in a saucepan with some sugar and water and let it simmer for an hour or so. I then cooled them and now they are freezing in ice cube trays. I can add them to add flavor to smoothies, and pies and other baked goods, and over ice cream. And maybe on a crazy cooking night, figure out how to use them in an entree...hmmm.

Paul just found out I froze all the rhubarb and he's very bummed...he wanted some on ice cream tonight!

We don't have any ice cream anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment