Saturday, April 17, 2010

Weekend

I'm enjoying the peace and quiet in the house this morning, as it will be gone in a few hours and the rest of the weekend will be quite full.

I am meeting Janine at the Orange Armory, where she is giving free Reiki sessions for people who give a donation to Meals on Wheels. We did this for the first time last month and we were not sure how it would go over, but we had several people sign up for it. So, we decided to try it again. This time, we have some repeat guests and new ones. So we're pretty excited. For those of you who don't know, Reiki is a form of Energy Healing. It's been making it's way into mainstream hospitals and medicine over the past few years, so we're very excited to have Janine offering it for such a great deal...and of course, we're happy she's donating her time to Meals on Wheels. Though, I think she mostly enjoys helping people.

Then we have company coming. One of my friends from HIGH SCHOOL (!) is coming to visit with her husband and daughter. We were trying to figure out when the last time I saw Amy was and could not figure it out...but we realized that Paul has never met her. It's funny that he hasn't, she was such a huge presence in my life for such a long time. But I guess life has a way of giving us side roads and paths we decide to take...but it will be nice that our paths are going to cross again. I am pretty excited to see where life's taken her!

Then tomorrow, we've got Katie and the kids coming down. I was hoping we'd be able to get into our hives and 'play'. I know Katie was too, just for some refreshers on what to look for and what to do with bees that actually make it through the winter and into the spring season. But I am not sure that Mother Nature will be cooperating with us. But I am ready! I know what I am going to do when I open them for the first time this season...but I hope all goes well, cuz I am not as confident about what I'm going to do if something isn't right. But as they say, everything is a learning experience in BeeKeeping. Just as it is in all of life...there are no wrong choices, just learning experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment