Monday, April 5, 2010

Garden

Got into the garden and worked most of the beds into some semblance of 'ready for plants.' Took out most of the weeds. Still no peas up, so I hope we didn't drown them in those rain storms. Guess we might have to plant more...we will have to see. We planted two beds with wheat today, and I hope that the birds don't decide that I put out a new snack bar for them and eat every last seed. Again we will have to see. And Troy enjoyed chilling out in the yard while I worked in the garden. He was so happy! And I got a blister...

The bees are alive and happy...we're feeding them near a gallon of sugar water daily these days and I hope they're storing it away for a rainy day. Literally.

Goats frolicked for a while in the yard before dinner.

Chickens are so happy for this weather...and we still have that silly chicken who lays her egg from where she is perched on the stall door in the barn every morning. It's our morning mess! Goofy critter! And we ordered new chicks for this year: 3 Rhode Island Reds and 3 Barred Rocks. I hope our fox stays away from the chickens this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment