Monday, September 21, 2009

The Coyotes were wild last night. They woke us up

with their screams in the back woods. And when I got outside, they sounded so close and I felt surrounded. Even Troy had stopped barking. I have to admit, I was afraid to step off the porch until Paul made it out to be with me.

I love the sound of the coyotes and I love having them and knowing that there are such beautiful creatures in our back woods and that we haven't killed all the wild creatures off in the world...but now that I have livestock, it a little more worrisome. And when you know that you have nothing to defend yourself if they do get crazy enough to come in for dinner...it's even more frightening. But after we came out, they seem to have moved on to easier prey.

Willa is doing even better this morning. The swelling is still coming down and we think she is putting more weight on it, but in the dark with ten other goats rushing us for food...who knows for sure. We'll have a better idea this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment